Saturday, January 11, 2014

Back on deck



I have been very tardy with my blogging over the last 8 months or so. One of the main reasons is the fact that I work a full time job in the city which takes up the better part of 10 hours of my day (including travel). This makes it difficult to roll up my sleeves and get dirty hands at the end of the day as I am quite tired - add cooking dinner, walking the dog and cleaning up after dinner you could say that most of our week days are pretty well time poor for gardening.

One other reason, which I will only touch on briefly as this blog isn't about petty intellectual snobbishness - I did get a few derogatory comments during what I thought was a fun blogging challenge. It is obvious to me now that some of the bloggers see themselves as giants of the literary world, bastions and custodians of the written word and so have the right to a) denegrate someone having a go and b) do it on a public forum.
I am not so naieve as to think that these were personal attacks per se, however, after reading the blogging offered up by these bastions I did wonder at the gall of them.

So, my blog for now is for me and me alone.  If any of my followers are still out there and wish to read along - please do. I am limited in time but I am still very passionate about self sufficiancy, the flora & fauna here in Australia and especially recycling.


2 comments:























  1. Hi Deb, I too have had a few months of non blogging, but I am back at it now. I see you have been busy too. I loved reading before and will continue if you don't mind. Hope you have a great year this year.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma
      great to hear from you, I'm still reading your blog too. Please be welcome to drop in any time.

      Delete