Stories from a novice gardener in Sydney, Australia. Her surroundings, her successes, her stuff ups and her observations.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Tubs aint tubs
Gathering up old washing tubs has been a bit more of a challenge than I thought.
Watching ebay for bargains has always been a bit of an interest for me, sometimes you pick up something really useful for a really decent price. I'm not sure when these tubs became an item of interest for 1000's but of late you cannot seem to secure one for less than $100. Considering that the first tub was only $35.00 and the second was $25.00, $100.00 seems a little extreme. Most advertised are in apalling condition with big holes punched through the bottom, concrete cancer, big cracks and chunks missing off the sides - to ask $100 or more seems to me to be unrealistic. 'tell em the're dreamin'!!
I went to inspect a set of 2 tubs last week, I was going to visit a friend and the address was on the way. The fellow was a builder and he had removed the tubs from a couple of demolition jobs (none too gently I might add). Both tubs were damaged and he had punched holes in the base to stop people from re-connecting them to the plumbing. Odd thing to do considering that most people wouldn't have a tub like that in their new house anyway. The price was a staggering $250.00 each and he wouldn't help load them on.
I think I'm going to have to change my tactics,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment