Stories from a novice gardener in Sydney, Australia. Her surroundings, her successes, her stuff ups and her observations.
Friday, May 11, 2012
29 degrees today. Can you believe it!!! It's supposed to be mid autumn and here we are in short sleeves.
I had a whole lot of chores to do this afternoon when I get home from work but I will have to waste precious daylight watering. We haven't had rain for a few weeks, I'm starting to worry that we might be heading back into another drought.
I checked the tangellos early this morning, they are ripening beautifully. I am impatiently awaiting their being ready to eat. I love tangellos straight off the tree, juice running down your arms as you pull them apart and your face screwing up in ecstatic agony when that first taste of bitter/tart/sweet juice hits your tastebuds. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And 0 degrees this morning here... snow is all gone but lakes are still frozen. Grass is just coming up from the ground... I live in the Yukon, Canada (beside Alaska).
ReplyDeleteBrrrrrrrr, we never get it that cold here in Sydney. I have been in Scotland over Christmas one year and although it was freezing it did not snow. I was so disapointed.
ReplyDeleteDo you get snowed in up there? You are pretty close to the Arctic it must be a challenge gardening.