Sunday, May 27, 2012

A scathingly brilliant idea

I’m doing a re-vamp of the herb garden.  At present I have a messy collection of pots in all different sizes and shapes that look like a big cluttery mess.  Our new extension and deck deserve a more streamlined look I feel.

The challenge here is to recycle and I think I have come up with a scathingly brilliant idea.  When I was a little tacker every house had concrete twin tubs in the laundry.  The whole unit is moulded concrete with a metal rim around the top.  Each tub has a drain hole and is roughly 60 cm deep.
Many a strawberry I have eaten from my Father’s tub garden and I know that all around Sydney – nay Australia – there are old, forgotten laundry tubs growing strawberries or housing tadpoles.

So my quest has begun.  I need 4 double sinks to accommodate my herb garden – stay tuned to see if I can find any.

the big cluttery mess

No comments:

Post a Comment