I harvested my garlic on the weekend.
I was impressed with the crop and because I curbed my enthousiasm and
waited until after the summer solstace I was rewarded with about 30
crowns of white Italian garlic and 10 giant Russian garlic.
I decided to have a go at making a
braided garlic cluster to hang up in our garage thinking that it
would be both decorative and practical.
Having the finess of a bull in a china
shop and the dexterity of someone with spatulas for fingers I
attempted to braid the garlic only to remember ½ way through that I
was a crappy braider. What was I thinking? Well there is 45 minutes of my life I'll never
get back.
I ended up tying the bundles together
with string and hanging them up to dry in the storage shed. When
they are dried off I'll put them in string bags and hang them up for
safe keeping.
| Shallots dried and hanging ready to eat |
| bundled garlic, drying |
No comments:
Post a Comment