Well don't I feel a right git!!! You will never guess what I found today!
Mildred has been hiding another chick. There are two in the nest, she left them for quite a while today and I was able to get up close and have a good look inside the nest.
Nestled up together were two chicks not one.
Here you can see one chick facing me and the other head is just visible to the left.
Nice to see ugly has company.
It was a stinker today too, I put up some shade cloth to keep the sun off them and I have water bowls all over the back yard. I'm hoping they will be leaving soon, we have some right cruel heat coming up over the next couple of weeks (according to the weather bureau) I'd hate to see them expire from heat exhaustion now that we are on speaking terms.
I also managed to get a snap of the little yellow breasted Thornbill that has been bombing our windows. He was quite oblivious to me standing on the other side of the glass and kept on pecking the window for about 10 minutes. I've decided we will put some shade cloth over the window as well, I am a bit concerned that he is spending too much time attacking his reflection and not enough time on his duties as a parent.
You can see him here peeking in the window from the left hand side of the window frame.
and here he is having just pecked the window a few times.
He's cranky but sooooo cute.
Cool blog. I like the bird in the last photograph.
ReplyDeleteHi J
ReplyDeleteThanks, I wish I could get a better photo. He is very quick and even on continuous shoot he is out of focus.
I love your paintings by the way, I notice that I'm not the only Aussie that is attracted to them either. I look forward to reading your challenge blogs.