Well, this is the best I could do for the moment. This, is Junior. Only his mother loves him at the moment because he really is no oil painting.
You can see his feathers starting to grow and that sickly yellow colour starting to fade.
He is a nice quiet little thing, no cheeping for food, no cheeping for mum while she is gone food shopping. Perhaps all those trips to the ground under the lemon tree pre hatching has done some damage?
Stay tuned, I'm sure he'll be more interesting as he transforms into a fledged dove.
I have only ever grown zucchini that are of the long variety before, never have I grown (what the nursery is calling) tennis ball zucchini. They are interesting because they are supposed to be dwarf plants with small fruit suitable for gardening in pots etc. Well take a look at this for a zucchini. Just another surprise for me to
find under a well placed leaf. It is about the size of a rockmelon and is a little difficult to use up in one meal I have to say. I have had to raid the recipe books for ideas to use it all up. And the plant itself is enormous! You would have to have a pot the size of a small swimming pool.
Next one I'm going to stuff ... then bake.
hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment