E IS FOR EMOTIONS
If anyone had told me that I would be emotionally invested in a vegetable garden I probably would have nodded calmly and then run as fast as I could to get away from the psycho.
But it's true, there is so much emotion connected to gardening and the more you throw yourself into it the more you connect with yourself and your environment.
There is anger at the predators who defile your produce, sadness when an old tree is dying, joy at a monster crop of tomatoes, pride in prolific production in a limited space and with limited time, fear when rain turns to hail and threatens to decimate your crop and excitement when the first seed you plant germinates and a little plant pokes its head out of the soil.
But it's true, there is so much emotion connected to gardening and the more you throw yourself into it the more you connect with yourself and your environment.
There is anger at the predators who defile your produce, sadness when an old tree is dying, joy at a monster crop of tomatoes, pride in prolific production in a limited space and with limited time, fear when rain turns to hail and threatens to decimate your crop and excitement when the first seed you plant germinates and a little plant pokes its head out of the soil.
OMG its exhausting. No wonder farmers have to go to bed early.
I empathise completely!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mauz. I know you do
ReplyDelete