O IS FOR OH OH - a tale of whoopsies
Oh oh, I left the watering system on all night!
Oh oh, I forgot to refill the snail catchers with beer!
Oh oh, I didn't let the garlic dry off enough before I stored it!
Oh oh, I've gone to bed and forgotten to water the garden!
Oh no, I put citronella into the sprayer instead of seaweed extract.
Oh nooooo, I didn't latch the gate, the dog has got in and has eaten her body weight in tomatoes!!
Oh nooooooo, the garden tools were sitting out overnight in the rain!
Oh what??? That sodden lump of - something - was those seeds you were going to plant and left on the plant stand.
Oi !!!! Who left that gate unlatched again!!!!
And yet despite my cruelty, forgetfulness, inexperience and our dog's insatiable appetite for mini tomatoes the garden flourishes. Miraculous
I'm just beginning to think of my garden for this year. I love a pretty yard. I just wish I could clone myself so I could write my novels and work in the garden. Just stopping by to say hi on the challenge.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Kathi. We are just going over into winter here so I'm getting ready for the root veg to go in. I know what you mean about cloning. I need 3 or 4 of me (I doubt my husband would though)
DeleteHahahahahahahahahahaha....wondered what that moaning sound was.
ReplyDeleteOh, man. Please tell me that some of those "oh ohs" were literary license. They all did not happen did they? Or at lease not all at once?
ReplyDeleteHi Justin, no not all at once but with alarming regularity.
DeleteLoved your blog today.
Nature has a way of overcoming the oh oh moment, presumably because your garden is so lovingly tended at other times.
ReplyDeleteJudy
G'day Jude, and not so lovingly at others. : )
DeleteThis was very cute. We once had a dog with a fetish for potatoes. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteShe is cute, she also squirts the tomato seeds everywhere when she clamps down on them. I find tomatoes growing in the oddest places. Thanks for visiting. I have been to your site, I will return
DeleteKnow those left the watering systems on all night Ohs! I just say oh to the chickens in the yard that scratch at every inch of it including the garden!
ReplyDeleteTruth to tell Emma, I had to clean up a couple of those oh oh's, I was in a foul mood after the watering system one
Deletedoggies will do what they want at every opportunity. but they're so darn lovable anyway:)
ReplyDeleteNutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!
True, I cant help but laugh at her and that makes it worse. I'm enjoying the A-Z thanks, will stop by your blog when I get a minute.
Delete